PERSONAL AND NON-PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect personal and non-personal information from you in the course of using the Services. "Personal Information" is information you provide to us which personally identifies you, such as your name, physical address, email address, phone number, credit card number and type (but only where we are processing payments at your request), password, age/birthday, parent status, phone number, social media identifiers, and email or other contact addresses.
Aggregated Non-Personal Information is different from Personal information. "Aggregated Non-Personal Information" is information about our users, their computers or devices and/or use of a Service that are collected into groups so that it no longer reflects or references an individually identifiable user. This information may include, without limitation, information about use of a Service, Web pages viewed or used, Service content accessed or used, IP addresses and device identifiers, information about hardware or software used to access a Service, user location information, page views, app usage, customization settings relating to a Service, and other types of information we collect that cannot reasonably be used to identify you personally. FollowFunding may collect and use Aggregated Non-Personal Information to improve a Service or for any other reason, at its sole discretion.
For certain Services, you may be able to opt out of collection of Personal Information via customization options provided through the Service. Please review the documentation for the Service at issue to determine whether an opt out is possible and, where opt out is an option, to locate instructions for doing so.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
FollowFunding receives, stores, and processes information that you provide. Examples include when you: (i) register for a Service, (ii) fill in any form on one of our websites, apps or devices, (iii) purchase goods through a Service, (iv) sign up for email or text alerts, (v) link your account to a third party website (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Amazon), (vi) post or share information on a Service, or (vii) contact us.
FollowFunding may obtain information about you from third parties. For example, when you interact with us through a social media function such as a plug-in (e.g., a Facebook "like" button) then you may be permitting us to have on-going access to some information from your social network profile (such as your name, email address, your friend list, photo, age, gender, location, birthday, social networking ID, current city, the people/sites you follow, and so forth), to the extent allowed by your settings with the third party platform or site. We may also obtain information about you from a third-party data aggregator, cookie technology operator, advertising network, or another type of data company.
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The personal data that we may collect includes:
- Telephone number;
- IP address;
- Financial data for product or service purchases;
- browser type and version;
- time zone setting and location;
- browser plug-in types and versions; and
- operating system and platform.
HOW COOKIES WORK
Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or to work more efficiently, and our site relies on cookies to optimize user experience and for features and services to function properly.
Most web browsers allow some control to restrict or block cookies through the browser settings. However, if you disable cookies you will find this affects your ability to use certain parts of our website or Services.
HOW WE USE PERSONALLY IDENTIFYING INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
FollowFunding may use the information we collect about you for a variety of business purposes such as billing, identification, authentication, communication, and general research. For example, we may use that information to:
- Provide a Service you have requested.
- Create an account on a Service if you have requested one.
- Personalize a Service we offer and the advertising displayed through a Service.
- Respond to your inquiries, requests, and comments.
- Allow you to participate in the interactive features of a Service.
- Provide technical support for a Service.
- Understand how a Service is used so that we can improve a Service provided to users.
- Send you Service-related communications, including announcements and administrative messages.
- Send you information about products, services and promotions relating to us or other companies or organizations that we work with.
- Combine the information we collect or receive about you for any of the foregoing purposes.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
FollowFunding only retains personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. We keep personal information for as long as is required by applicable law. We keep your account information, like your name, email address, and password, for as long as your account is in existence because we need it to operate your account. Once you have canceled your account with us, any personally identifying information that you have disclosed through our Service will be retained for a period of 3 years after which it will be deleted. We also keep information about you and your use of the Services for as long as necessary for our legitimate business interests, for legal reasons, and to prevent harm. FollowFunding may also de-identify data such that it is no longer associated with you and FollowFunding may keep this anonymized data for as long as it chooses, in its sole discretion.
HOW YOU CAN PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters and special characters, and do not disclose your password to anyone. FollowFunding will not contact you via email to ask for your username or password. If you do share your username and password or your Personal Information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately notify FollowFunding and change your password. Please do not save your password on any public computers and remember to log out of your account on any shared devices to ensure another user does not provide, or obtain access to, your Personal Information.
Information that you share in forums, message boards, reviews, and suggestions or on any portion of a Service designed to allow you to communicate with other users, may be publicly accessible. Accordingly, the information you share may be read, collected or used by others, including FollowFunding, for any purpose. FollowFunding is not responsible for any information you share through publicly accessible portions of a Service or for the use of such information.
YOUR RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO INFORMATION
If your jurisdiction provides you with the right to do so, and if you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to do so as quickly as reasonably possible, unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
If you reside in a jurisdiction that allows you to request erasure of your personal data, to restrict processing, or to object to any direct marketing from us, we will do so at your request for any information we are not legally required to keep. Where applicable, you may also have the right to data portability of your information and the right to be informed about any automated decision-making we may use.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure. Please direct all requests relating to obtaining copies of and/or deleting your personal data to support@FollowFunding.com.
E-MAIL REQUESTS FOR INFORMATION
We may use links on a Service to provide you with the opportunity to contact us via e-mail or through other means to ask questions, request information, register or provide comments and suggestions. We may send you an email or text message as part of the registration verification process or to assist you in recovering a password at your request. However, we will never contact you via email to ask you for credit card information, bank account numbers or other sensitive financial information.
MAKING A COMPLAINT
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
YOUR RIGHTS WITH RESPECT TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
Certain jurisdictions such as the European Union provide you with additional rights relating to your personal data. If your jurisdiction provides you with the right to do so, you may ask FollowFunding to provide you with access to the personal information that FollowFunding processes about you and to request information about:
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source of data we receive
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH?
- Corporate affiliates and change of control: We may share your personal information with our corporate affiliates and if FollowFunding itself (or part of its business) is sold or otherwise changes control, owners would have access to your personal information for the uses set out herein.
- Service providers: We may share your personal information with suppliers who perform services on our behalf and have agreed in writing to protect and not further disclose your information.
- Information shared in public: If you provide us a review of our products or services, you authorize us to publish it on all our web sites under the screen name you provided. You also authorize us to aggregate it with other reviews. In addition, FollowFunding reserves the right to feature your campaign AKA your Dreamscape content in marketing efforts to further awareness of our services.
- Authorities: We may disclose personal information if required by law, for example to law enforcement or other authorities. This includes court orders, subpoenas and orders arising from legal processes, and administrative or criminal investigations. We may also disclose your personal information if the disclosure is necessary for the prevention, detection or prosecution of criminal acts or to prevent other damage, or in response to a legal action or to enforce our rights and claims.
We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use tools (secure socket layer (SSL) encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your Personal Information against unauthorized access and disclosure. However, as you probably know, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your Personal Information that they collect from a Service. We will use all commercially reasonable methods to keep Personal Information securely in our files and systems. Please note that with current technology, we cannot guarantee the security of your data from all possible attacks or intrusions on our servers or guarantee the security of your data as it travels over the Internet. Thus, you hereby release FollowFunding from liability for any such possible attacks or intrusions that might compromise the security of your data.
We do not use our Services to knowingly solicit data from or market to individuals under the age of 18. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at support@FollowFunding.com. After notification, we will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
GOVERNING LAW AND INTERNATIONAL USERS
Telephone: (239) 682-9970, Mon-Fri, 9AM to 6PM U.S. Eastern Standard Time (UTC-5)
Last Updated: December 15, 2020
Copyright 2018-2021 FollowFunding.com. All Rights Reserved.